Részleg: Art Direction
About Digic Pictures
We are an award-winning 3D animation studio. We have been bringing heroes and other creatures to life with the help of CG magic for over fifteen years. In our movies we put emphasis on powerful storytelling, while introducing different universes and worlds and show them in a unique way.
Our goal is to take full advantage of next generation technology to provide an entirely new and groundbreaking experience to CG audiences worldwide. We create full 3D animation and visual effects for video games, commercials as well as for feature films, working for prestigious clients located across the globe.
On-site full-time position in Budapest, Hungary - preferred (or Freelance position)
As a Concept Artist at Digic, you'll be taking part in all visual aspects of production, but most prominently during pre-production. Other than working on key shots, layouts, overpaints and production design, you'll need to lend support to all departments from time to time - Environment, Special Effects, Creatures and Characters, Lighting etc. under the supervision of a Project Art Director, who'll give constant feedback, diverse tasks and guidance.
- Creating consistent, top-quality realistic illustrations of characters, special effects, environments, props, etc. Iterate and provide elegant and effective visual solutions for design challenges big and small.
- Taking part in developing the style, look and visual narrative of our movies, attending creative meetings, writing sessions, making quick sketches and iterate in situ.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a good eye for filmmaking. We are a movie company first and foremost. Planning scenes, understanding composition, lighting, framing, lens use, camera angles, storytelling is a very important part of our work.
- Has very high professional and artistic standards. We work with the best, for the best.
- Up to date knowledge of design trends and styles, movies, tv series, games is pretty much our bread and butter. We never stop learning and nor should you.
- Open-minded, with a flexible style. Our Clients come from all over the world bringing us projects from all genres so we get some weird and exciting challenges. We have to be able to respect and understand the games and IPs we are entrusted with, but also have to have the capacity to explore new possibilities within a setting/game world if need be.
- Observant and an avid researcher. We are proud of our realistic style and take great care when diving into a new fantasy world or historic period to be as true to the source material as possible.
- Able to work independently and in a team as well. We are an international company with colleagues from all over the world, from all walks of life so we try to check our egos at the door, and collaborate in a fun and constructive manner, but we are also expected to be able to make decisions on our own, and to present and defend these ideas and decisions in a tactful manner.
- Great time management skills. Prioritizing, giving accurate estimates and staying on top of deadlines is a must.
Skills & Requirements
- Art skills - especially anatomy and proportion, basic knowledge of architectural and engineering design, and set lighting
- Creative mindset - conceptualization, iteration, adaptation
- Proficient program use
- Good communication skills (in English) written and verbal
- Good grasp on storytelling and visual narrative
- Inclination for constructive collaboration
- Ability to understand, and communicate visual direction through words and images
Nice to have, but not a requirement
- Basic knowledge of film and/or animation
- Zbrush skills
- 3D experience (Maya, 3ds Max, Unreal)
- Matte painting skills
- Being a gamer